5 reasons to get a pixie cut.

23 Nov 2015


Coco Chanel once said that a woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life. I'm not quite sure if that is always the case, but what I am sure of is that cutting your hair in itself already changes your life. And as far as I'm concerned it certainly changes for the better. Can't think why? Well then, read my five reasons to get a pixie cut.


1. Unlike the biblical figure Samson who lost all his power when they cut off his hair, going for a proper pixie cut made me feel super bad-ass. Just not caring about what other people's reactions to this look might be and just doing it for me, gave me a major confidence boost. I can recommend it to anyone!

2. Remember what I said in my last post about getting a new haircut instead of buying new clothes? Well, it totally works! All my clothes seem to get a new look and feel about them.

3. It's the easiest way to give your look that little bit of extra edge.

4. It requires zero styling efforts, which is secretly also the main reason for getting this cut. Honestly, I was so tired of having to straighten my hair every time (if I don't it just becomes this giant pile of frizzy hair) or having to struggle to get it into a semi-decent bun (I have really difficult hair you see). Now I just blow it with a hairdryer for two minutes, rub in some wax and off I go!

5. It's a great way to make a small feminist statement, to show to the world that women don't have to have your typical long, shiny, seductive hair to be feminine and sexy.

Now, what are your thoughts on a pixie cut? Would you ever get one?