Gluten- and sugar free oven-baked chocolate donuts.

13 Mar 2015



Look darlings, I'm just gonna come straight to the bottom line here. I am a person who needs to consume chocolate on regular basis to maintain my mental health. Not just small tidbits, but pounds, cartloads and gallons of it.
And while I could just stuff my inner cocoa monster with loads of Côte d'Or or my favourite hazelnut and raisin chocolate bars from Delhaize, sometimes it's better to make a little bit of an effort, no? Enter these semi-healthy (just enough to shush my consience) and homemade chocolate and coconut donuts.



The recipe, you ask? Here it comes:

100g of butter
85g of chopped dark chocolate
1 tblsp of honey
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup of coconut flakes
1/4 tsp of baking powder
3 tsp of cocoa powder

Melt the butter and the chocolate together on medium heat. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients. Spoon them into your donut tin (I use a silicone one. Super easy to clean and you don't even have to grease it!) and bake for 15 mins at 180°C.

Now all you have to do is grab onto your favourite magazine and start eating and reading until you finished to lot. Enjoy!