There's a time for cookies and there's a time for cookies.

4 May 2014

So that makes Sunday definitely a time for cookies. I'm not quite sure if I ever mentioned this to you guys before, but I am a royal biscuit addict. I can make a pack of American cookies disappear in a jiffy and no shortbread of any kind is save for me.

However, as of late I am trying to approve my diet (which mainly involves eating less sugar) and so I decide to provide myself with some healthy(er) snacks. Introducing: my low sugar raisin and sunflour seed cookies.

Cookies

The recipe (makes 15 small cookies):
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon (or a little bit more if you're a real cinnamon freak like me)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tblsp of yoghurt
- 1 tblsp of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of sunflour seeds

And now for the easy part: Mix all ingrediënts, spoon your dough on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10mins at 180°C.

Cookies

Seeing as I like to take these as a snack to work as well as savouring them while watching The Mindy Project, I wrapped a few of these tasty buggers in sandwich paper - pretty kitchen string included.

Cookies

Snack'em!

xxx