New York Fashion Week (part one)

21 Sept 2012

I've started working my way through New York, London and Milan Fashion week - boy oh boy, so much to see! - so, here is my first selection of collections I loved at NYFW.

Alexander Wang
Alexander Wang: Love the cut out fabrics, wide shoulders and black vs. white contrast

Calvin Klein Collection
Calvin Klein Collection: Feminine yet stuctured shapes make for an interesting silhouette

Marc Jacobs
Marc Jacobs: Great vintage feel, combined with modern prints

Jason Wu
Jason Wu: I adore how the transparant, flowy fabrics don't stand in the way of giving the collection a very strict and powerful look. Also those leather straps are genious.

Helmut Lang
Helmut Lang: Great masculine jackets and "patchwork" fabrics

Karen Walker
Karen Walker: Lovely shoes and great metallic accents to give more edgy look to an otherwise girly collection. And the polka dots on polka dots stole my heart!

DKNY
DKNY: Sporty chic with great accents, like the jacket tied around waist-thing

Charlotte Ronson
Charlotte Ronson: Shiny see-through college jackets. Uhm, need I say more?

Diane Von Furstenberg
Diane Von Furstenberg: I love the flowy hareem pants and metallic elements

Derek Lam
Derek Lam: That new take on the trench is really awesome and I love the slouchy tops over statement pecil skirts.

Have great weekend y'all! And stay tuned for part two next Friday ;)

xxx